Tenure track career system
Tenure track is Aalto University's core academic career system which offers a well-supported career path for professor-level academics. The tenure track system is the foundation for Aalto University’s objective to be a world-class university.
The Aalto tenure track is based on the commitment of the university and the individual to the academic career; it has clearly defined expectations, incentives, and assistance for personal development.
Tenure track objective
The objective of the tenure track career system is to support the professors’ academic freedom and to reach world class in research and/or artistic and professional work, teaching, and activity in scientific community and academic leadership.
The Aalto tenure track career path consists of three basic levels, and candidates can be recruited to any of the three levels depending on his/her experience and competence:
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Full Professor
Exceptionally merited Full Professors may be invited to the honorary position of Aalto Distinguished Professor.
Why Aalto University tenure track?
- take your research to a whole new level
- build a successful academic career
- benefit from the university’s vast company collaborations
- receive mentoring
- get career assistance and guidance
- receive support in research resources
- develop your leadership skills and pedacogical competence
- get a chance to live in the best country in the world*
*Finland is the most livable country in the world according to Newsweek (2012)