The School of Science follows a two-phase degree structure. The students first complete a lower degree, Bachelor of Science (Technology), and then a higher degree, Master of Science (Technology). Bachelor level studies are available in Finnish only.
Bachelor's degree programme (180 ECTS)
Students who have completed their secondary school education can apply for the Bachelor's Degree Programme in Science and Technology. Students admitted to the programme are given the right to complete a Master's degree as well.
The Bachelor's degree programme offered by the School of Science has four specialisations that can be applied for:
- Computer Science and Engineering (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Engineering Physics and Mathematics (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Information Networks (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Industrial Engineering and Management (in Finnish/Swedish only)
More information about the Bachelor level studies is available at the Bachelor programme website (in Finnish/Swedish).
Master's degree programmes (120 ECTS)
There will be six new Master's programmes offered in English starting in September 2015:
- Master's Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences
- Master's Programme in Engineering Physics
- Master's Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management
- Master's Programme in Information Networks
- Master's Programme in Life Science Technologies
- Master's Programme in Mathematics and Operations Research
In addition, the following programmes will continue:
- Master's Programme in International Design Business Management (IDBM)
- double degree programme Master's Programme in ICT Innovation (EIT Digital Master School)
- double degree programme Master's Programme in Security and Mobile Computing. NordSecMob
- double degree programme Master's Programme in Applied and Engineering Mathematics, N5TeAM
The programme links above lead to Into pages meant for the current students of the programme. The Study Guides for all programmes are available here.
For links to programme websites for prospective students, see the links available at For prospective students page.