The School of Science follows a two-phase degree structure. The students first complete a lower degree, Bachelor of Science (Technology), and then a higher degree, Master of Science (Technology). Bachelor level studies are available in Finnish only.
Bachelor's degree programme (180 ECTS)
Students who have completed their secondary school education can apply for the Bachelor's Degree Programme in Science and Technology. Students admitted to the programme are given the right to complete a Master's degree as well.
The Bachelor's degree programme offered by the School of Science has four specialisations that can be applied for:
- Computer Science and Engineering (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Engineering Physics and Mathematics (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Information Networks (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Industrial Engineering and Management (in Finnish/Swedish only)
More information about the Bachelor level studies is available at the Bachelor programme website (in Finnish/Swedish).
Master's degree programmes (120 ECTS)
The Master level degree programmes offered in English are:
- Computer, Communication and Information Sciences
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Networks
- International Design Business Management (IDBM)
- Life Science Technologies
- Mathematics and Operations Research
In addition, the School of Science offers the following double degree programmes:
- Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability (EIT Raw Materials)
- ICT Innovation (EIT Digital Master School)