The School of Science follows a two-phase degree structure. The students first complete a lower degree, Bachelor of Science (Technology), and then a higher degree, Master of Science (Technology). Bachelor level studies are available in Finnish only.
Bachelor's degree programme (180 ECTS)
Students who have completed their secondary school education can apply for the Bachelor's Degree Programme in Science and Technology. Students admitted to the programme are given the right to complete a Master's degree as well.
The Bachelor's degree programme offered by the School of Science has four specialisations that can be applied for:
- Computer Science and Engineering (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Engineering Physics and Mathematics (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Information Networks (in Finnish/Swedish only)
- Industrial Engineering and Management (in Finnish/Swedish only)
More information about the Bachelor level studies is available at the Bachelor programme website (in Finnish/Swedish).
Master's degree programmes (120 ECTS)
The Master level degree programmes offered in English are:
- Master's Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences
- Master's Programme in Engineering Physics
- Master's Programme in Industrial Engineering and Management
- Master's Programme in Information Networks
- Master's Programme in Life Science Technologies
- Master's Programme in Mathematics and Operations Research
The extent of the master’s degree is 120 ECTS credits. It can be completed in two years of full-time study.
Further information on the structure and contents of programmes can be found from the Into pages (into.aalto.fi) for the current students of the programmes. For links to programme websites and all programmes available for prospective students, see For prospective students.